Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Minimalistic Christmas Tree


MINIMALISTIC CHRISTMAS TREE


Living in a small space could be really challenging. I, for one, am currently living the condo life with my family and can I just say that thinking of ways to maximize the space was really tough. One downside of transferring to a smaller home was getting rid of our giant Christmas tree which was really sad because we had that tree for years. Now, I wasn't  gonna let my family spend our first Christmas here without at least one significant holiday decoration so I went ahead and thought of a way to, well, create a Christmas tree! This non-traditional design is perfect for people who want to save up some space. If you're one of those people then go head and read on!

First things first ((i'm the realest hahahahha ok)), you need to gather 6 materials!

MATERIALS

Christmas lights, tape, safety pins, scissors, puncher, photo/board paper


So obviously, my version of a Christmas tree is just Christmas lights arranged in a way that when it's lit up it resembles the triangular shape of the traditional evergreen fir tree. 


As for the ornaments I placed on my "tree", I chose to print out some of my favorite family photographs in black & white and crop them into a circle shape for it to look similar to a typical ball ornament.

Gather your photos and start punching holes through them!

I used the safety pins to hang the photo ornaments and voila! Finished!



Now you may or may not add a few more ornaments of your choice but as for me I'd like to keep it clean :)




Another last-minute DIY you can definitely #create at home! If you happen to use this tutorial to make your own version, kindly upload it on Instagram with the hashtag #createbylxxreen. 'Til the next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment